Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The focus of Amwell’s Solutions Engineer position is to assist with inspiring the target market and expertly supporting the sales staff from a technical perspective. The Solutions Engineer accompanies sales staff on well qualified sales opportunities and therefore must possess strong communication and presentation skills; a solid understanding of the telehealth space and target markets; the ability to bridge business with technology; and the ability to quickly deep-dive into product features, functionality, integration, architecture and hosting. The Solutions Engineer will have the ability to understand the customer’s business and technical requirements, assist with technology readiness and the implementation process, and work closely with professional services, product, R&D, and hosting teams to support sales activity.
- Serve as a product expert to the sales team and technical lead on major sales opportunities
- Create and present technical presentations tailored for a prospect’s executives and project level personnel
- Author responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Work closely with the prospect’s team on product evaluations and proof of concepts to ensure the solution meets client objectives
- Work closely with Product Management, R&D and Hosting teams to thoroughly understand the product and master its key features, capabilities and limitations
- Develop collaborative, professional relationships with Amwell Executives, Senior Sales Reps, Product Management, and Technical Staff
- Learn about and address the key buying concerns of Health Systems, Health Plans, and Employer groups in the field of telehealth
- 2-3 years of experience in pre-sales engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in technology, engineering, IT or similar
- High functioning, self-driven individual that can conform to the continuously changing demands of an innovative company.
- Understanding of sales process - specifically selling complex enterprise technology
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary and work against deadlines
- Experience with Development Tools (Version Management, Defect Tracking, Agile Tools, IDE, Build Tools, Continuous Integration Tools, etc.)
- Deep understanding of IT architecture, data center technologies, networking, servers and security
- Excellent in person and on-line presentation, demonstration, and writing skills
- Ability to research and solve complex problems or unusual challenges
Should you join the Amwell team, you can expect:
The Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels Amwell’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to help build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting