Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
In this fast paced, dynamic 10-week corporate internship program, we are recruiting candidates completing their first year of graduate school looking for experience in strategic work across strategic partnerships, technology, marketing, project management, business and quantitative roles. Candidates will be challenged across all functions within Amwell. Throughout the ten weeks, candidates are critically assessed for potential full time placement upon completing their two year graduate degree.
We can promise a 10-week intensive program aimed at providing graduate students with an experience that will enrich their understanding of the challenges and complexities of healthcare technology and service delivery. Students will have access to senior management along with executive visibility and direct supervisory support to offer guidance and feedback. Specific projects will be tailored and designed to match the candidate’s skills and career goals, as well as the department needs.
The projects will include and are not limited to the following areas:
• Improve unit test coverage for various application components including Java and Node.js microservices and Angular UI components
• Improve quality of unit tests and ensure the unit test coverage is focused on the business logic
• Improve end-to-end test coverage using the Cypress framework
• Implement PACT contract tests for API/microservices
• Bring automation to the reporting, metrics, insights around test coverage
• Prototype tools and frameworks that can assist with identifying more opportunities for test coverage
• Setup and maintain CI/CD pipeines in gitlab for various application components
• Work with stakeholders in the Architecture and SRE teams to bring further automation to the setup and maintenance of gitlab pipelines
• Improve documentation around CI/CD standards and best practices
• Improve reliability of quality gates in the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Rapidly prototype and demo enhancements and new features for possible future inclusion into the product
• An example of this would be developing a new URL-based microapp for the Converge platform
• Address software defects in java/node.js/angular/typescript/js components
• Experience creating java or node.js based microservices
• DevOps experience with GitLab and AWS managed services
• Experience with writing automated unit and integration tests
• Experience with Cypress (e2e), Gatling (performance), PACTFlow (for contract testing), and other testing frameworks is a plus
• Knowledge of agile/scrum
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly energetic, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated
• BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or relevant experience
Working at Amwell:
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA.