Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The VP, Analytics and Reporting provides the thought leadership and management oversight that will drive proactive data management and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations throughout the company. This individual will promote progressive ways of managing data and reporting processes to enable Amwell’s corporate strategy and business evolution. More specifically, this individual will be responsible for managing the teams that develop advanced reporting/data visualization tools and data governance standards, as well as best in class processes to ensure high quality output. The Vice President will enable change by aligning stakeholders across business operational functions and within the Analytics department.
- Prioritization and Planning (Demand Management):
- Define and operationalize the processes and systems that identify organizational priorities for standard reporting packages and ad hoc report requests
- Ensure standardization in intake, triage, prioritization and quality control of all production reporting
- Manage on-going demand to ensure that Data, Analytics and Reporting resources are being invested to address highest value business needs and that reporting standards are used whenever feasible
- Provides related business guidance to the technical execution of all activities related to the analysis and recommendations to the various areas within the organization. This includes development of new capabilities, functionality, quality assurance and ongoing production operations.
- Data Governance:
- Lead the efforts to scale data governance processes and create a master data management infrastructure across all relevant data domains.
- Ensure successful implementation of business stewardship, data quality oversight, and change management oversight
- Research, develop and implement an Enterprise Data Warehouse infrastructure to support the organization and enable scalability
- Implement governance process to ensure adherence to data governance process
- Data Visualization / Standard Reporting:
- Oversee the development of standard dashboard reporting suite for each data domain (once launched under Data Governance) with a core set of metrics and supporting detail to support internal and external reporting needs across the Amwell client base.
- Provide related business guidance to the technical execution of all activities related to the analysis and recommendations to the various areas within the organization. This includes development of new capabilities, functionality, quality assurance and ongoing production operations.
- Develop robust, governed self-service reporting process for internal and external data consumers
- Process Improvement:
- Lead the definition and implementation of standard processes and tools to improve the quality of reporting and analytic efforts, such as reporting inventory
- Improve efficiency of department by developing a prioritized roadmap to automate and optimize reporting processes
- Build high performing team:
- Recruit, lead and develop a staff of analytics and development professionals by defining team and individual goals, managing performance and providing onboarding support and ongoing mentorship.
- 10+ years’ experience in Data Analytics
- Management experience supervising Analytics-related professional staff
- Proven ability to develop and implement new processes, translating business objectives and concepts into roadmap and execution, experience with strategic planning, process improvement or data analytics solutions
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with analytic and non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership, in order to elicit business needs and formulate, propose and refine analytic solutions in order to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements and business value.
- Experience building and leading project teams in a matrix environment.
- Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations, ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise; ability to train and mentor junior colleagues.
- Solid understanding with a variety of analytic processes and techniques
- Deep understanding of the healthcare administration landscapes well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting