Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
As part of the Technical Services team at Amwell, the Integration Support Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, management and resolution of issues occurring in Production related to Technical Service deliverables including, but not limited to, HL7 and web service integrations, scripts, procedures, reports, SSO and mutual authentication setups. In addition, this person will be responsible for the build and maintenance of AWS integration testing environments.
- Manage Technical Service support ticket queue ensuring quick analysis, thorough documentation of progress and efficient resolution as defined in the Engineering support wiki
- Monitor Rhapsody dashboards to proactively address interface errors related to connectivity and payload as they occur
- Engage and hold accountable all cross-functional resources required to arrive at the most direct, technically sound solutions to Production issues
- Engage in client-facing communications as necessary to acquire detailed understanding of issues reported
- Create and maintain internal knowledge base, best practices, technical fact sheets and other technical documentation items and templates enriched by learnings in support analysis
- Provide technical expertise to Amwell Customer Support Team (level 2 and level 3 support) as needed and diagnose platform technical issues when requested
- Build and maintain AWS environments used by SDK and integration clients to functionally test new implementations. Create and enhance tooling and processes in support of these environments.
- 3+ years of experience proactively monitoring Production systems for errors and working from a Production ticket queue
- 3+ years of experience performing deep logical analysis of complex issues and engaging larger team to achieve optimal and timely resolutions
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in AWS is required
- Expert knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience working with SOAP and REST based web services
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SOAP, …)
- Strong understanding of XML technologies (XML, XSD, XSL/XSLT)
- Experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7 2.x, HL7 3.x, HL7 FHIR, IHE integration profiles and technical frameworks, and X12 HIPPA transactions and code sets desirable
- Experience with interface engines and/or enterprise service bus architectures desirable. Orion Rhapsody experience a plus.
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills is a must. Ability to logically attack large problems by methodically eliminating root causes across complex systems
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to hold themselves and others accountable, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
- Effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage a ticket queue and real-time dashboards simultaneously
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Should you join Amwell and the Technical Services team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting