Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Revenue, the Senior Revenue Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s revenue function including all technical accounting documentation, systems and processes supporting gross to net accounting for our products. This critical role will ensure all revenue generating contracts are in compliance with US GAAP and the company’s revenue recognition policy. In addition, this position will have responsibility for the Company’s controls over the Order to Cash cycle for the Company’s Software/Hardware business including appropriate revenue recognition. This position will provide coaching and development to a team of four revenue accountants/operations analyst. The role will interact externally with our 3rd party logistics provider, internal and external auditors and internally with Sales, Operations, ProServ, Legal and Finance. The ideal candidate is a hands on, team player who is process driven, highly detail oriented, analytical, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the revenue recognition process for our products/software, including: Gross to Net Accounting and related analyses including the preparation of monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare monthly and quarterly deliverables, including summary of key accounting considerations and flux explanations
- Serve as primary liaison with internal and external auditors for revenue areas including discussions around technical revenue recognition and internal control matters
- Oversee the Order to Cash cycle including the preparation or review of reconciliations of revenue, deferred revenue and related analyses
- Assist with the external financial reporting process and prepare or review all revenue related disclosures (footnotes and MD&A) for 1OQs and 10K
- Responsible for updating all related accounting policies and internal controls, as necessary
- Collaborate with members of the sales operations team to monitor customer contracts in order to ensure proper implementation and execution of agreements in accordance with the Company’s Revenue Policy and US GAAP
- Reconcile or review various other general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, prepare journal entries and assist with other closing activities as required
- Participate in launch team for new products including documenting and discussing impact of various initiatives on revenue recognition
- Streamline existing accounting/finance procedures and recommend value-added changes
- Manage, mentor and develop a team
- Assist with ad-hoc special projects and process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA or MBA mandatory
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in a publicly-held company or public accounting with at least 4+ years of revenue recognition experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions and levels across the organization
- Excellent supervisory and project management skills, ability to lead and motivate a team as well as be hands-on, multitask, and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis
- Must be able to adapt to an evolving, rapidly growing company environment
- Software/Healthcare Industry Experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience documenting technical accounting positions
- Experience implementing new systems, processes or controls in a publicly-held company
Should you join Amwell and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.