Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Project Management Office Manager will play a critical role in the Professional Services department. The PMO Manager’s primary objectives are to drive successful implementations of internal business operational and client projects. This includes management of each project from kickoff through implementation and ongoing maintenance, including deployment calendar management, process design, creation of supporting documentation/tools, communication strategies, and monitoring for continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented and thrives in a rapidly changing and highly collaborative operational environment. Strong communication, creative problem solving, and excellent negotiation skills are all key attributes for this role. A track record of building strong and effective working relationships among cross-functional internal teams is a must. Specifically, the Project Management Office Manager will:
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the Amwell platforms, but especially various types of system integrations, to include, but not limited to SDK, Health Plan, and Platform Integrations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in all forms of existing integrations for the Professional Services department.
- Defines and presents timelines, roadmaps, and scope to stakeholders (internal and external) at the beginning, middle and end of projects.
- Manages internal and external stakeholder expectations by building relationships and communicating project status, open issues, risks, and changes in scope.
- Manages communications between technical services, release engineering and hosting and PMO for delivery of platform and product upgrades.
- Prepares for and leads Release Management meetings - coordinating with the Technical Services, QA, and Hosting teams to manage the intake process for client configuration requests submitted by the Project Managers; includes global prioritization, scheduling, and entry/maintenance of commitment dates in the centralized scheduling tool.
- Coordinates with the R&D, QA, and Hosting teams to ensure that critical core upgrades, patches, and cross-client configurations and procedures are prioritized and scheduled for deployment across all client installations.
- Facilitates notifications and dissemination of key information to all members of the Professional Services team, including new/upcoming product releases and patches and required cross-client configurations and procedures
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Project Management Office, Customer Support and Professional Services departments.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working within a PMO, project management and/or consulting organization responsible for the oversight and/or delivery of enterprise software implementation projects
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing initiatives with evolving and changing scope; establishing and maintaining expectations with internal/external stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) and Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA)
- BA or BS degree required or 5 years or more of work experience is required.
Should you join Amwell and the Customer Support team, you can expect:
The Support team is a growing organization within Amwell. This team exhibits excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem-solving skills. The Eligibility and Billing Specialist is a new role on the Support team, which provides the opportunity to help shape and mold the way this role progresses. Additional responsibilities are available as the individual masters current workload, and there is potential for growth.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.