Amwell is a leading telehealth company in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support healthcare delivery across a number of areas of care conducive to virtually delivered services. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for 2000+ hospitals and health systems, 55+ health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
We are looking for an Account Director on our Health Plan Solutions team to be responsible for managing some of our key health plan client relationships. With a focus on building strategic client partnerships, success will be measured by client retention, growth, and satisfaction; optimized clients telehealth enrollment and utilization strategies; operational and financial performance of the overall contract; and our clients’ success with the Amwell offering.
The Account Director will work with their health plan clients at all levels, and will lead all efforts necessary to ensure clients’ expectations for success are met. This role will leverage great skills in navigating complex challenges and goals for clients while nurturing collaborative partnerships internally and externally to enable aligned focus on the clients’ needs and success.
- Deliver great client experience through full continuum client management ranging from tactical execution to strategic consultation
- Understand client business objectives and vision and elevate those with key Amwell teams
- Collaborate internally and externally to develop annual strategic plans to achieve the desired annual success targets for client and Amwell
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success with Amwell offerings
- Maintain deep understanding of Amwell product and offerings
- Provide input and suggestions to product development teams based on client feedback
- Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visit/presentations
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of American Well
- Develop specific plans on how to develop new relationships
- Demonstrate service excellence
- 30-35% travel required
- Background in account management, consulting, product and/or professional services
- Experience in health plan, healthcare and/or health tech sectors preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer at all levels within an organization
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Comfort working in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BA or BS Degree required
Should you join American Well and the Account Management team, you can expect:
Account Management is a results-driven group of dynamic individuals, responsible for client satisfaction, program execution, client growth, and revenue generation. This is a team of problem solvers whose first goal is to ensure that Amwell delivers for its client through our core values: Customer First, One Team, and Deliver Awesome.
The Account Management team is responsible for inspiring, growing and nurturing the Amwell’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy and identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of internal colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess leadership and problem-solving skills, political and healthcare savvy, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then Amwell is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks