Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
Are you a proven "hunter" with a drive to understand and satisfy customer needs? The will to deliver quality service and support and have a proven ability to call, identify a customer's needs and close sales opportunities? Then the Regional Sales Director position for Amwell Psychiatric Care may be for you. The Regional Sales Director will play a critical role in the sales organization and is needed to evangelize, inspire, and create revenue opportunities in the assigned geography. They will be responsible for representing all facets of Amwell’s telehealth solution, services and vision to large health delivery/hospital systems.
The Regional Sales Director, Amwell Psychiatric Care will have a deep understanding of the healthcare space, particularly selling to hospital/health system executives. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess skills necessary to work alongside clinical staff to best position and incorporate telehealth across the health system’s enterprise. This will require a good sense for hospital/clinical workflow, care delivery models, provider access, and understanding the relationship between provider and patient.
Specifically, the Regional Sales Director, Amwell Psychiatric Care will:
- Generate new services/products revenue.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast necessary to achieve sales objectives and achieve revenue goals.
- Position yourself as the subject matter expert, focal point, and key conduit between Amwell and your prospect.
- Confidently and credibly present product solutions, product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related sales activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts including assisting with the internal management and development of contractual documents.
- Prepare, present and coordinate product proposals, RFIs, RFPs and related sales documents.
- Manage and coordinate account hand-off to professional services and account management staff including early and easy transition to project management staff.
- Coordinate all sales activities with Sales Leadership and Inside Sales Director on account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks.
- Track Record of Exceeding Sales Targets in Complex Consultative Sales To C-Suite Healthcare Leaders.
- Experience Selling Services Offerings, Physician Services Preferred
- Expert Level Fluency in Healthcare/Hospital/Telehealth/Technology Services, Operating Realities and Complexity.
- Track record and experience selling innovative solutions to provider practices, health delivery and/or hospital systems. Deep understanding of provider/health system space- Clinical background plus: Hospital/administration background bonus - Behavioral Health experience a bonus
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple prospects simultaneously
- Sales pipeline and forecasting process to meet revenue goals
- Ability to present/communicate to C-levels hospital staff and medical/clinical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills. Experience demonstrating PC based software products
- Flexible, adaptable style with ability to quickly change direction based on company growth, changing marketing conditions, and product evolution. Strong relationship building and coaching skills
- Understands hospital/health system workflow. Ability to manage from lead to contract close
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience in sales of healthcare services or enterprise software products selling directly to providers/physicians
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM- Sales Force) database(s) with the ability to maintain contacts, updates, and progress electronically
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines. Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- Up to 50% overnight travel required
- Ability to work from home.
Should you join Amwell and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Provider Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately drive revenue that fuels Amwell’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting