Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
As the Product Manager for Amwell’s Private Practice solution, you will work collaboratively with vendors and leads in Engineering, Design, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Sales to nurture and grow this product line through a combination of business, market, and technology-oriented responsibilities. Market delivery will focus on your successful implementation of eCommerce purchasing, account management and self-service training, and comprehensive support solutions. You will have a key role in the design process, working with cross-functional teams to build intuitive workflows, effective marketing, immersive experiences, and comprehensive insight tools for your customers. You will synthesize customer insight and market data, combine insights to create sustainable offerings, evaluate customer satisfaction, assess customer demand, understand relative costs, assist with pricing structures, and define KPIs to assess product performance. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive day-to-day progress. You possess a thorough understanding of your end users, a passion for detail-oriented design, and a critical eye toward clear visuals and text.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you
- Define product strategy and drive concepts from planning to implementation.
- Document and prioritize requirements for upcoming product releases and launch activities, collaborating with eCommerce, technology and business units and vendors to deliver releases.
- Prepare work schedules for multiple projects, having hands-on management of products throughout their lifecycle, from planning to launch, including collaborating directly with marketing, experience and visual design, analytics, engineering, and client-facing teams.
- Proactively organize product workshops and design effective strategies to coordinate with various groups to facilitate effective product development coordination across various areas.
- Craft internal and external communications around features, user manuals, and feature descriptions. Assist with creation of training materials.
- Define, monitor and analyze key performance indicators to proactively manage the health of your products. Assist business leads to review product line financials, key business metrics, and market performance. Communicate the state of projects across teams, to align a wide set of internal stakeholders. Present status updates to senior leadership.
- Conduct regular sessions with cross functional teams and utilize program and project management frameworks to drive results and delivery across sales, marketing, executive, legal, customer support, clinical and technology teams.
- Leverage project management best practices and tools to optimize communication, task tracking, risk mitigation, milestone coordination and reporting, with a goal of maintaining organization-wide alignment and transparency.
- Analyze, synthesize, and integrate the “Voice of the Customer” into our products, service delivery, mindset and culture.
- Maintain knowledge on all products and services of website and recommend new products to website and recommend enhancements if required and coordinate with various cross functional team to analyze product requirement.
- Develop and maintain end-to-end service flows and use cases to ensure optimal levels of customer experience.
- Prepare strategies to increase existing and new businesses. Prepare and present business cases for investment. Identify and manage appropriate vendors for initiatives, including core eCommerce site.
- 7-10 years’ experience with digital health product line management or SaaS eCommerce
- Direct experience leading the design, development and launch of consumer-facing commercial products
- Product commercialization (go-to-market) experience and ownership
- eCommerce experience and ownership
- Knowledgeable about the key players in healthcare – Health Plans, Employers, Providers, Patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Desire to work in a fast-paced software environment (agile experience preferred), and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priorities
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- PMP or other project/program management certification desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, Master’s preferred
- Willingness to collaborate live teams daily remotely by video or directly in-person (pending predetermined safety of shared working environment)
- Willingness to relocate to Boston within 12 months
Should you join American Well and the Boston-based Product Management team, you can expect:
Energetic, forward thinking, and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Management team at Amwell. This innovative team of 12 manages the product roadmap, designs experiences that delight users, and works closely with current and future customers as the product experts of the Amwell family. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, communicating the product’s value across all other Amwell teams and to our customers.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.