Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
As a Network Operations Center Specialist, you will play a key role in the day to day operations of the Online Care Group, including 24/7/365 physician support, escalation resolution, and real-time monitoring of volume utilizing workforce management tools.
- Acts as the main point of contact for all provider-related support questions and issues
- Manages a running queue of support escalations in conjunction with other team members, escalates to NOC L2 team as needed.
- Monitors real-time call traffic to ensure service levels are met
- Uses critical thinking skills to prioritize and problem solve escalations
- Monitors and supports the company’s production systems and applications
- Assists in monitoring intra-day staffing levels and provider availability utilizing workforce management tools
- Upholds tracking of all support escalations utilizing Salesforce tools
- Robust interpersonal and communications ability, including strong writing skills
- Adaptability in a fast-paced start up environment
- Fast learner, ready to jump right in with little direction
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone, video-conference, and written communication such as live agent chat and email
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in all basic computer functions and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact with diverse groups
- A proven track record of exercising good judgment and handling constantly changing priorities in a positive, professional environment
Should you join American Well as a Network Operations Center employee, you can expect to collaborate with the whole Online Care Group team.
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks