Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Director, Proposals will manage the team responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering compelling RFP (Request for Proposal) and RFI (Request for Information) responses for all lines of business including Government, Health Systems, Health Plans and other healthcare organizations.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the team responsible for generating responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Lead and manage the evaluation and overall proposal development process (RFPs and RFIs), ensuring systems are leveraged efficiently and result in robust, scalable processes.
- Evaluate and refine the proposal process to develop best in class proposal operations. Ensure process results in development of well-articulated responses of which consider Amwell’s value, messaging and style guidelines.
- Analyze prospects’ needs and collaborate with leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop the most compelling response to maximize success of the proposal.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission.
- Leverage Qvidian knowledge base for proposal development and develop process to continually update content within the system.
- Track RFP outcomes and trends and share data on a regular basis with leadership.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with oftentimes rapid turnaround deadlines.
- 5 – 10 years’ related experience in RFP/Proposals management from opportunity id through submittal, preferably in the healthcare field
- Proven ability to effectively lead a team and meet stringent deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional persuasive writing skills, including editing and proof reading
- Government proposal management experience for IT solutions and services procurements preferred
- Experience with Upland Qvidian RFP Automation Software preferred
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.