Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
As the Associate Account Manager, you are responsible for account planning, management and support, and for the overall success of Amwell’s relationship with assigned strategic client accounts. Success will be measured by account financial performance, overall growth of products and services, milestone achievement, member and provider penetration, and utilization.
The primary initial focus of the role will be to foster and grow relationships with leaders from health plan and provider organizations representing product, marketing, clinical, network management, and technical areas. The Associate Account Manager’s primary objective will be to successfully support internal and external stakeholders while expanding utilization of Amwell’s services and products.
Core responsibilities include seamlessly interfacing and gaining the trust of individuals, at all levels, and assisting with all aspects of customer lifecycle and lifetime value management.
Other key responsibilities include: collecting data and analyzing key performance indicators; assisting/supporting product and service implementation and new product launches; executing on marketing and awareness campaigns; educating and interfacing with client’s employer accounts; supporting client’s internal clinical staff and external providers; preparing client facing documents and presentations; working internally with SMEs to collect and draft responses to client questions (including RFI and RFP responses); completing, tracking and maintaining defined workstreams; and overall, expanding the existing client relationship.
With oversight and guidance from the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts, the Associate Account Manager will have frequent interaction and coordination with Amwell’s executive sponsor and other core/ critical Amwell SMEs. Interactions and coordination include keeping the core Amwell teams apprised of strategies and tactical developments, account updates and progress, accomplishments and barriers, new opportunities, and milestone tracking.
Other areas of focus include:
- Support and collaborate with strategic partnership leaders and executive sponsor to achieve desired annual revenue targets
- Gather market analysis and related account information to ensure accurate data and account specific detail is known, updated, and maintained in SalesForce
- Work with sales support, operations, product management, clinical operations, and business development to complete requests for proposals and related information in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Work with product, marketing and engagement teams to prepare presentations and related client facing documents including internal and external executive briefs, ROI and client success stories, key value overview decks, competitive comparisons, and related client facing presentations
The successful candidate must be a skilled relationship developer, employ an entrepreneurial spirit, and passionately embody Amwell’s mission.
Key qualifications include:
- Energetic, disciplined, independent thinker with ability to earn and retain a “seat at the table”
- Detail-minded, possessing strong planning and organization skills to effectively manage and track tasks/deliverables
- Solid personal computing skills and comfort with new technologies; great proficiency in creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in all formats, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with business intelligence tools and using analytics to convey/prove value
- Passion and curiosity, with a strong desire to achieve greater levels of success, personally and for clients
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate optimism and confidence when describing Amwell, its core capabilities, value statement, and areas of differentiation
- A strong working knowledge of healthcare, health plans and/or delivery networks, with the ability to project and deliver account-specific ROI
- Highly developed organizational, planning and management writing skills and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage internal and external stakeholders, workstreams, and interdepartmental teams effectively to produce and deliver desired outcomes
- Solid organizational, management, administrative and human relations skills in a style that exhibits maturity, leadership, sensitivity, and teamwork
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting