Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Care Coordination Manager will play a key role in the Clinical Services department, by implementing and executing projects that will enhance the range of telemedicine services offered by Amwell Medical Group (AMG). This role does not involve hands on patient care. Instead this person will manage a team that supports and maintains a variety of telehealth clinical offerings. As a critical member of the Clinical Services team, you will work closely with the Clinical Operations and Clinical Quality teams within the department to implement services that expand the range and scope of our clinical offerings.
Specifically, the Care Coordination Manager will:
- Assist clinical and administrative staff in day to day activities of the Amwell Medical Group (AMG) and Clinical Services Division
- Manage a small team of non-clinical staff that are tasked to support providers and patients
- Play a meaningful role in building and updating programs, including workflows, policies, oversight and reporting
- Support the lab ordering process, including reviewing all lab reports, operationalizing the patient response process and ensuring that all lab results are reported to each patient
- Coordinate care management services with patients, including prior authorization requests, support for follow-up appointments, post visit education, etc.
- Ensure the seamless coordination of care by communicating directly with the AMG providers, the patient’s primary Care Provider (PCP), specialists and/or with other AMG providers
- Oversee all patient education activities
- Audit Visit Notes for specific clinical documentation required to meet medical necessity criteria and communicate with providers or external facilities as needed
- Support population health programs including disease management activities, specialized programs and partnerships
- Other related duties may be assigned
- Education: RN degree, advanced training a plus
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within a clinical practice
- Demonstration of management or leadership experience
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of functions to achieve objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience with the use of technology in healthcare
- Experience in patient education, quality management
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Amwell Medical Group:
The Amwell Medical Group (AMG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice. AMG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, AMG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, programs in sleep medicine and women’s health, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a Breastfeeding support practice. The Amwell Medical Group practices across all 50 states - 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and has over 4400 active providers.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.