Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Sales Development–Team Lead will work within our sales organization to develop new business leads and qualify opportunities, in addition to leading and managing day-to-day tasks and operations for the Business Development team. They will help to devise inbound and outbound campaigns, assist leadership in team reporting and coaching, partner with marketing to align messaging and lead generation tactics, demonstrate our product, contact prospective buyers via email and phone, provide information to prospects and consultants about our value proposition, and work with senior sales executives to close business. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual with 2-5 years’ experience who is looking to develop their career in sales, marketing, and leadership within the healthcare IT industry.
- Identify, develop, and manage Business Development strategies that will assist the team in connecting with the appropriate individuals at target organizations
- Work with the Director and Vice President on monthly and quarterly reporting, optimization tactics and overall management of the team.
- Represent the company at industry events, setting up and holding meetings with prospective customers.
- Provide clear guidance and coaching to BDRs, who are earlier in their sales careers and eager to grow. Guiding them towards more efficient and effective sales methods.
- Execute email and phone outreach/follow up to leads generated through marketing channels, including webinars, conferences, email campaigns, and inbound web visitors
- Respond to prospect inquiries, share our value proposition, and qualify leads in health systems market
- Demonstrate our telehealth product to prospective buyers one on one and at events
- Nurture existing leads to drive progression to the sales funnel
- Ensure that team achieves daily targets for lead generation activity
- Ensure the team achieves quarterly targets for converting qualified opportunities
- Understand prospects’ business and their buying objectives
- Provide smooth & informed transition of qualified opportunities to Sales Directors
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales leadership to identify new lead generation channels and support execution as needed
- 2-5 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare IT sales or Business Development roles, with a leadership or management background
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, detail-oriented, self-aware, goal-oriented
- Desire to quickly learn through on-the-job experience, while being able to provide clear and helpful guidance to team members.
- Thrives in goal-driven, fast-paced environment
- Preferred skills:
- Salesforce CRM
- Sales tools like Outreach, Gong, Drift, Marketo
- Contact databases such as Definitive and Zoominfo
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Healthcare industry background
- Comfortable with technology – comfortable doing a live demo once trained
- Team player and natural leader, able to work across the organization
Should you join Amwell and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels Amwell's growth and continued innovation.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.