Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
- Be responsible for on-time delivery of high quality, secure & performant software.
- Work together with your peers in product to drive the roadmap for your teams.
- Foster a rewarding engineering culture on your teams.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments at Amwell (Engineering, Dev Ops, Technical Services, Product, UI/UX, Professional Services, Business Intelligence, Hosting, Legal, Sales, C-Suite)
- Bring new ideas to the table (both technology and process) and influence engineering culture at Amwell.
- 5+ years of management experience leading multiple engineering teams.
- Successfully defined a mission for their teams & can execute on deliverables on time.
- A strong track record of retaining, engaging & growing engineering talent.
- A bias to action & can motivate a team to challenge conventional software engineering thinking.
- Excellent communication skills. You should feel as comfortable demoing products to C-Suite executives as you are having a 1:1 session with a direct report.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS and GCP are a plus)
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting