Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Clinical Account Manager will play a critical role in the success of Amwell’s ongoing relationship with key clients. The Clinical Account Manager will be assigned a portfolio of select clients that use Amwell Medical Group (AMG) services, managing and overseeing all facets of the client experience. While managing a high-performing portfolio of clients, the on-going focus of the role will be to strengthen and broaden relationships within each assigned account, at multiple levels, including clinical and operational.
The role requires extensive knowledge of 1) Amwell’s software product suite, 2) AMG’s Clinical Service offerings 3) Service levels and expectations, 4) Client goals and reporting, and 5) The quality oversight process.
Working closely with the President of AMG, the VP of Clinical Services and the Director of Clinical Quality, the Clinical Account Manager will be assigned specific accounts and seamlessly interface and gain the trust of clients at all levels, lead the ongoing interactions and communications, and expand existing relationships. This person will also be tasked with coordinating proactive communication plans for clients. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction, retention and program growth.
Specifically, the Clinical Account Manager will:
While tactically managing the needs of the client on a day to day basis, the Clinical Account Manager will work with Clinical Services and AMG leadership to facilitate ongoing communications and interactions. This will require an understanding of client’s expectations, objectives, initiatives, and opportunities for growth. Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in all monthly or quarterly client sessions
- Collaborate with quality team on individual client quality reporting
- Collaborate with Clinical Services leadership on operational expectations
- Lead a proactive client reporting and communications plan and collaborate with internal communications team
- Work with clinical programs team to understand all use-cases and workflows. Be able to present these topics to clients or prospects
- Lead presentations and site visits
- Understand Amwell’s key differentiators, product strategy, product features and functionality, and their applicability to client’s implementation
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell
- Stay current on changing and evolving telehealth landscape, regulations, and related trends
- 5-7 years minimum experience and background working specifically working with healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering against goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
- Excellent written and presentation skills, including responding to RFIs and RFPs
- Skilled relationship developer
- Deep knowledge of the payer/health system space including reimbursement, health care services delivery, employer and population health and wellness programs, employee benefits
- Must be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BS Degree required
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Amwell Medical Group:
The Amwell Medical Group (AMG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice that serves the majority of Amwell’s clients. AMG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high-quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, AMG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, programs in sleep medicine and women’s health, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a breastfeeding support practice. The Amwell Medical Group practices across all 50 states - 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and has over 4400 active providers.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.