Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The mission of the Devices team is to develop and produce cutting-edge, high-value telemedicine devices that enable our clients to significantly expand access to and enhance the quality of care to patients. Reporting to Device Engineering Management, the Technical Project Manager (TPM) plays a critical part in delivering on the Devices mission by coordinating the engineering and development work on the Devices Engineering team working on both Software and Hardware projects. Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager and working closely with the VP of Device Engineering, the TPM is responsible for ensuring that the teams are aware of development priorities, using defined processes (some of which are owned by the TPM) to deliver on those priorities and reporting to Devices and Organizational leadership on progress and effectiveness. Additionally, the TPM manages the refinement and operation of the engineering development lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, production, support) and plays a key role in coordinating with other Devices and broader organizational teams (e.g., Support, QA, Compliance).
- Manage tracking and communicating priorities to Devices engineering teams both hardware and software
- Lead process adherence and associated artifacts, e.g., standups, JIRA boards, ECO releases
- Develop and deliver reports that convey project status and effectiveness of development operations to internal and external teams
- Manage, and as needed refine, the hardware and software engineering development life cycle process working in close partnership with team leaders
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Coordinate Devices development work with cross-functional teams when needed (e.g., QA, Compliance, Release Management, Support)
- Manage 3rd party companies and resources when engaged on a project
- Strong technical background with excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of hardware engineering and device production
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management and a Quality Management System (e.g. Arena Solutions)
- Highly proficient with JIRA (e.g., managing boards, creating filters, creating reports in JIRA and from JIRA sourced data)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and processes
- Strong project management capabilities
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams/squads (e.g. hardware and software)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize data into quick high-level sound bites
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
Should you join Awell and the Devices team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Device Engineering group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our office in Reston, VA, our engineers specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth systems in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages