Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Mid-Market Account Manager (AM) will play a critical role in the success of Amwell’s relationship with assigned clients. Working directly for the Director of Mid-Market Accounts, the AM will be assigned specific accounts to support directly and in partnership with a Regional Sales Director. Success will be measured by maintaining high levels of client satisfaction, increasing utilization of the clients’ telehealth offering, and supporting clients in the execution of telehealth services and engagement opportunities.
- Own overall client relationship.
- Nurture clients to ensure success, satisfaction and retention (renewals).
- Strategize with client’s leadership and project/program leads, to understand client’s expectations, objectives, initiatives, and opportunities for growth.
- Coordinate with Amwell business leads to provide support and information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Directors to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve desired annual revenue and growth targets for clients.
- Oversee execution of engagement and service implementation projects.
- Provide consistent, accurate reporting on utilization, and other business metrics tied to clients’ business objectives.
- Identify and develop new engagement and service expansion opportunities.
- Assist with client site visits, product demonstrations, RFPs, and RFIs, as needed
- Understand Amwell’s key differentiators, product strategy, product features and functionality, and their applicability to client’s implementation.
- Proactively identify and lead team process improvements.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process, product, services, and associated value propositions.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell.
- Stay current on changing and evolving telehealth landscape, regulations, and related health plan/payer trends.
- 2-3 years minimum work experience within the healthcare industry or at a technology company. Preference given for experience in healthcare technology and/or a Account Management/Customer Success role
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Experience with healthcare technology sales, consulting, product, marketing, or professional services preferred
- Experience using sales enablement tools, such as SalesForce, Gainsight, Outreach, or Gong
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Must be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment.
- BS Degree required.
Should you join the Amwell team, you can expect to be a part of a results-driven group of dynamic, passionate individuals, responsible for a significant part of Amwell’s overall business and revenue. This is a team of problem solvers and opportunity seekers whose primary goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations.
The Mid-Market Account team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and advancing their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions and work tirelessly with a variety of stakeholders to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you are a leader and possess problem-solving skills and the ability to see and execute on new opportunities, then Amwell is the place for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting