Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Talent Development Manager will be responsible for managing and providing overall direction for large-scale organizational programs that drive high performance of leaders and employees; including Performance Review, Talent Review and coaching, Employee learning and development, and Talent Analytics. Collaborates with Head of HR and Business Leaders to accurately diagnose and develop appropriate solutions to solve for talent and skill gap issues and to meet overall business objectives. Create and execute leadership/management and employee development curriculum's; including, program design and content, vendor/partner management, and training delivery. Conduct evaluation processes for key programs and present results and recommendations to leadership.
- Collaborate with Head of HR on corporate-wide strategy for improving performance of organizational talent.
- In collaboration with HRBPs, determine strategies to develop high-potential internal talent for critical roles across all levels of leadership.
- Design, manage and execute current Organizational Development programs, such as Performance Review, Talent Review/Succession Planning, and Employee Training and Development programs.
- Partner with Head of HR and HRBPs to create and execute on a practical career competency model for all distinct talent pools.
- Develop curriculum and materials for New Manager training, execute program logistics, and facilitate training sessions.
- Be a thought leader in all accountable areas and provide data driven insights to make informed decisions on how we drive the Talent and Leadership Agenda.
- Partner with leaders and HRBP’s to identify, recommend and track the completion of appropriate development activities for talent early in career as well as leadership development and pipeline.
- Partner with HRBP’s and business leaders to identify and diagnose business needs and deliver customized, appropriate solutions that support talent development and career growth.
- Drive and execute enhancements for new employees, including assimilation activities, 360 feedback to ensure we are achieving desired results.
- Develops communication strategies to raise awareness of Organizational Development programs.
- Create and implement a talent dashboard for business leaders and company overall.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master’s degree is desired.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience developing and implementing organizational and development programs with proven results
- 3-5 years of successfully facilitating training sessions with individuals from all levels and functions
- 5 years of experience successfully consulting with internal customers and HRBPs to adequately diagnose, and ultimately solve, organizational performance issues.
- 5 years of familiarity in operating and utilizing a Learning Management System (LMS).
Knowledge and Skill Experience:
- Results focused and demonstrated success in leading organizational change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates progressive thought leadership in all areas of talent.
- Experience with data and talent analytics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence others; strong presentation and consultative skills; excellence in building relationships and managing stakeholders are critical.
- Experience with creating and building training decks/materials to capture employee attention for critical learning experiences.
- Strong team player, One Team mindset, collaborates and proactively engages all HR team members.
Should you join American Well and the Human Resources team, you can expect:
If you are looking to join a fun, energetic HR team where you can learn and grow, look no further! We are a small, yet efficient team all working together to make American Well a great place to work! The team is aligned with leadership and focused on both the candidate and the employee experience. Our focus is building and executing culture, employee engagement, retention and continuous learning initiatives. We have a work hard/play hard environment and truly enjoy coming into work to not only hang out with each other but create new ideas to make American Well great. Come join the fun!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.