Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Cyber Command Center Technician will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Cyber Command Center Technician will be responsible for monitoring Amwell’s critical infrastructure from our Cyber Command Center (C3) and respond to alerts and escalations from our support staff. Our C3 is a state of the art command center from which we monitor and maintain multiple web farms and cloud based information systems. The C3 Technician will be exposed to the latest Information Technologies, with support from senior engineers in our Application Support, Database Admin, Network and Security Engineering, VoIP and Kiosk Operations teams.
- The C3 Technician will support 24/7 operations including daily technical routines, performing system monitoring and alert responding, trouble ticketing, joining cyber security operations, critical situation management, and incident response
- The C3 technician will track and monitor utilization trends and perform tiered escalations as required, various other duties may be assigned
- Experience in a Network or Security Operations Center
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a priority manner
- Understanding of SNMP and log based monitoring
- Experience working with trouble ticketing systems
- Familiarity with principles of Incident Response
- Ability to learn quickly, follow procedures, and triage technical issues
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with technologies including but not limited to; Solarwinds, Security Software and endpoint protection, VMWare, F5, Linux administration, SQL queries, and Docker Containers are desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical and executive staff
- This position requires working rotating shift schedules which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.