Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Messaging Associate position will be responsible for creating consumer messaging campaigns for Amwell’s direct to consumer brand, and our enterprise clients (including healthcare leaders like The Cleveland Clinic, Intermountain Healthcare and Anthem). You will create holistic marketing campaigns using email and other mobile messaging channels (push, in-app, SMS) to drive consumer acquisition and retention. This role will provide the opportunity to expand your knowledge and responsibilities, work closely with our paid marketing, growth product, social, analytics and engineering teams, and advance your career at a fast-paced growth company.
- Create messaging campaigns touching upon different elements of the customer lifecycle using channels like email, push notifications, in-app messages and SMS.
- Work closely with internal teams to create campaigns that drive the success of our messaging program
- Respond and adapt to the needs of our clients to drive their success
- Analyze the performance of the different messaging campaigns you create to report out internally and externally
- Collaborate closely with the overall consumer marketing team to brainstorm new ideas and create experiments out of those messaging ideas to drive growth
Good to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience in messaging at a direct to consumer brand or marketing agency
- Strong presentation, Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Experience with a multi-channel messaging platform such as Braze or Leanplum, including mobile messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, SMS messages)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Digital analytics/reporting experience
Great to have:
- Experience developing segmentation and targeting strategies to test and learn how best to communicate with a population
- Experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, statistical significance, and marketing experimentation
- Experience operating in a regulated environment; experience with HIPAA and privacy a plus
- A love of learning (especially about marketing and technology!)
- A growth mindset as a person and professional
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a “how can we get this done” attitude
- Good writer with keen attention to detail
- Scrappy, resilient
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Curious – no fear of asking questions and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer
- We’re in an industry that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important
- Low ego, a team player
Should you join Amwell and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The Marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because Amwell is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.