Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Engineering Operations Manager will play a critical role in organizing and coordinating a wide variety of engineering and inter-team activities around software development and release. This individual will own software development project deliverables across Amwell’s platform, will oversee release coordination in concert with Product Management, UX/UI, and will be responsible for refinement and operation of the engineering agile software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work with Engineering Operations to acquire and maintain a technical understanding of the Amwell platform deep enough to support projects, identify and communicate risks, and facilitate issue resolution.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX/UI, upper management, and other stakeholders on the planning, tracking and delivery of high quality software.
- Manage several simultaneous software development projects at a tactical level (prioritization of work, multi-team progress against milestones, blocker resolution, upward reporting, inter-group communications).
- Own and actively manage the agile software development lifecycle (SDLC), providing tracking and reporting of agile metrics relating to predictability and quality.
- Work under minimal supervision balancing multiple competing priorities while given wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 6+ years experience in an Engineering Project Management role for a SaaS software company
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or agile coach overseeing multiple development efforts.
- Experience with Agile ALM tools like JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with other teams
- Strong ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
- Experience with various sized co-located and geographically distributed teams a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all our users.
Working at Amwell:
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.