Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Financial Analyst, Lead will join a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Financial Analyst, Lead will be a business partner, determining progress against strategic plan, budget, and forecasts, as well as advise leadership on financial results. Responsibilities also include actively interpreting and reviewing financial results with the business leaders, including trends / nuances and opportunities, to drive recommendations that are actionable.
- Be primary business partner for R&D organization. Provide financial and operational analysis and guidance to assist them in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for creating annual budgets and financial forecasts with functional Executive Leadership
- Build and manage financial/analytical reporting models including budget and forecast updates
- Prepare and present monthly budget and forecast to actual reporting and variance analyses to senior leaders in the organization
- Understand, develop and monitor business KPIs to report on business performance and trends
- Lead unit economics analysis to provide visibility to variable and fixed costs of products
- Participate in ad-hoc financial analysis and strategic projects
- Support more junior resources with ad-hoc projects and process improvements
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Highly self-motivated and proactive by nature
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem solving
- Thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral with ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience with ERP and Financial Planning Software
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- Public Company experience is a bonus
- Participation in a Financial Leadership Program is a plus
Should you join Amwell and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.