Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Technical Project Manager will play a critical role in organizing and coordinating a wide variety of engineering and inter-team activities around software development and release. This individual will own the Kanban process of our software development lifecycle (SDLC) and all associated reporting deliverables across Amwell’s Hospital platform. In addition to those responsibilities, you will oversee release coordination in concert with Product Management, UX/UI, and Client Services and will be responsible for the organization, refinement, and operation of the Product Roadmap.
- Work with Engineering (both hardware and software groups) to acquire and maintain a technical understanding of the Amwell Hospital platform deep enough to support projects, identify and communicate risks, and facilitate issue resolution.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX/UI, Client Services, upper management, and other stakeholders on planning and delivering high quality software.
- Manage several simultaneous software development projects at a tactical level (prioritization of work, multi-team progress against milestones, blocker resolution, upward reporting, inter-group communications).
- Own and actively manage the SDLC, this may include facilitating scrum events (e.g. standup, planning, grooming) for one or more scrum squads, and providing & tracking agile metrics relating to velocity, predictability, and productivity.
- Work under minimal supervision balancing multiple competing priorities while given wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 2-5 year’s experience in a Technical Project Management role for a SaaS software company
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or agile coach overseeing multiple development efforts
- Experience with Agile ALM tools like JIRA, Rally, etc
- Strong ability to manage and facilitate communications across multiple projects and teams
- Strong ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
- Experience with various sized co-located and geographically distributed teams a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state-of-the-art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages