Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in maintaining and improving the Amwell Devops Team. The platform incorporates a wide variety of features in providing world-class telehealth solutions through scalable web APIs, video Infrastructure and other technologies. This role requires working closely with the members of our engineering and operations teams, building and maintaining production environments in AWS and other Cloud Solutions.
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment and other Cloud Solutions
- Write scripts to automate deployments and server management
- Maintain Dev, Stg, QA and Production configuration using automated deployments
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, log collection, and debugging.
- Troubleshoot/Debug production issues
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- 3-5 years experience building and maintaining production environments in large-scale AWS enterprises.
- 3+ years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, RDS, SNS, Lambda, WAF
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache, Nginx
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH), AWS CLI
- Experience with:
- the integration and customization of the Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence)
- high availability and scalability in AWS
- SQL Databases (configuring and maintaining): RDS, MSsql, Postgres DB’s
- configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Continuous Integration tools (Circle CI and/or Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with and understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., AppD, NewRelic, Nagios, etc)
- Familiar with source control tools GIT
- Strong troubleshooting, Problem Solving, QA skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
- Effective communication with the local and remote team members
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with:
- Video platforms: Vidyo, WebRTC, Pexip
- Security Tools: AlertLogic, Incapsula, Cloudflare
- containers: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art teleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages