Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Developer Advocate will be the liaison between clients and Amwell for SDK development projects. Conduct discovery sessions to understand, document and convey client technical architecture, intended Amwell platform use cases and the applicable design to facilitate their implementation. Become a Subject Matter Expert in the Amwell “out of box” platform and utilize your expertise to recognize the need for custom development and advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals. Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integrated solution.
- Help Amwell Customers implement Apps using the Amwell SDK
- Get new SDK customers up to speed quickly on SDK capabilities via training sessions, presentations and hands-on sessions to ensure customer success.
- Mentoring on SDK app development and answering Client questions
- Document and teach SDK app development best practices
- Partner with customers to create innovative SDK Apps that meet their needs and support them throughout development efforts.
- Contribute to a better SDK offering via feature feedback and suggestions from clients.
- Experience in web and mobile interface design and development
- Minimum 2 years’ experience building mobile apps using the iOS SDK and XCode OR the Android SDK and Android Studio
- Experience with Cocoa / UIKit
- Experience with relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience completing an application and seeing it through full life cycle of development
- Have shipped at least one iOS app and one Android app– the more sophisticated the better
- Solid understanding of Xcode, Android Studio, Google Play Store and the Apple App Store approval process
- Strong relationship management experience particularly influencing others in a decision process; comfortable engaging with all levels of a client organization including C-suite.
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – expert listening and documentation skills are a must.
- Comfortable engaging or leading sessions without having all the information on hand. Demonstrates agility and welcomes change
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our crossfunctional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.