Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Senior Healthcare Integration Engineer will play a critical role in Technical Services. Specifically, the Senior Healthcare Integration Engineer will: be responsible for the design validation, development and maintenance of healthcare integration solutions delivered to health plans, health systems and employers wishing to technically integrate the Amwell platform with other infrastructure.
- Design, build and maintain interfaces that facilitate workflows between the Amwell platform and client third party systems as scoped
- Document message specifications and technical requirements, including but not limited to reverse engineering of existing healthcare IT interfaces to capture requirements when needed
- Maintain and document integration workflows, routes and communication port configurations and scripts to ensure proper versioning and control of upgrades. Use Rhapsody best practices throughout process.
- Monitor, configure and tune the configuration of interfaces for high availability once deployed in production environments. Respond to dashboard alerts related to connectivity and payload issues.
- Own troubleshooting and fixing integration support issues in Production
- Create and maintain internal knowledge base, best practices, technical fact sheets and other technical documentation items and templates
- Provide technical expertise to Amwell Customer Support Team (level 2 and level 3 support) as needed and diagnose platform technical issues when requested
- 5+ years of experience developing interfaces that integrate clinical and ancillary systems from major vendors such as registration/admissions, provider order entry, medication administration, charting, electronic medical records, Hospital information systems.
- 3+ years of experience vetting and delivering custom healthcare integration solutions as scoped to satisfy critical client workflows. Actual client-facing experience is a plus.
- Experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7 2.x, HL7 3.x, HL7 FHIR, IHE integration profiles and technical frameworks, and X12 HIPPA transactions and code sets
- Experience with interface engines and/or enterprise service bus architectures. Orion Rhapsody experience a plus.
- Experience working with SOAP and REST based web services
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SOAP, …)
- Strong knowledge of SQL is required
- Strong understanding of XML technologies (XML, XSD, XSL/XSLT)
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience analyzing data necessary to resolve issues uncovered and related to source data
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous customer engagements
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Ability to mentor junior team members and apply best practices to all integration development
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field or equivalent. Advanced degree in any of the areas above is a plus.
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state-of-the-art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting