Client Account Director
The Cleveland Clinic / Amwell Joint Venture
The Client Account Director will play a critical role in driving the success and growth of key client relationships, including health plans, brokers, employers, and select international partnerships. The Director will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation, delivery, and uptake of contracted clinical services, as well as playing a lead role in upselling additional services. Accounts may often start small covering only a fraction of the target population so much of the initial growth potential lies in increasing penetration and utilization. Key measures of success include client growth (penetration, utilization), client & end-consumer satisfaction (including NPS-like measures), and upsell of additional services.
The role requires a combination of strong strategic and operational task management skills including account planning, goal setting, plan execution, relationship development, communications, and product knowledge (including the ability to demo the product). Developing strong relationships with account leaders and senior decision makers along with excellent communication skills and “client hands” are key to success. Indeed, our flagship client relationships are more consultative than sales-oriented, depending on deep understanding of customer needs and the capabilities of the solutions offer. At the same time, the role requires close coordination with key internal functions, including marketing, product management, clinical services, operations, and project management.
A strong background in healthcare sales, preferably with health plans, brokers, and employers, is critical. Experience with demonstrating value and differentiators, member engagement, employee and member benefits, and taking new products to market are essential.
The Director will report into the SVP for Sales. The two will coordinate closely on both the handoff of newly signed accounts as well as the growth of our largest and most strategic clients.
- Take responsibility for all existing accounts, focusing on managing and growing key channels and major direct accounts
- Onboard new accounts either late in sales process or post-signing
- Develop strong relationship with client account leads and other senior account stakeholders
- Understand key business objectives & vision and translate into both existing and upsell opportunities
- Create and execute annual account plans for each covered account, including goals for sales growth, utilization, ROI, and customer satisfaction
- Accurately forecast and track both revenue and utilization targets – both at the account and aggregate level
- Work with client lead to ensure successful delivery and execution of services
- Develop deep understanding of JV solutions along with supporting capabilities of Cleveland Clinic and Amwell
- Create, organize, and conduct client presentations, whether remote or on-site
- Clearly communicate value proposition and ROI of our products and services – both realized and potential
- Provide input and suggestions to product development team based on client feedback
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of the JV
- Assist with major strategic new sales opportunities
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Demonstrate service excellence
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent; advanced business or health degree strongly encouraged
- 8-12 years’ experience in healthcare account management, sales, and/or professional services with deep experience working with health plans and/or health systems.
- Established track record of delivering, managing, or implementing healthcare services
- Deep understanding of payer/care management companies and related healthcare landscape (including reimbursement and regulatory)
- Experience working directly with or for health system or health plan leaders
- Skilled executive relationship developer
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, oral, visual
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
Working at The Joint Venture
This joint venture is a partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic, where the two parent organizations founded the company on the mission of ‘Delivering Superior Care via Digital Innovation’. The vision for the Cleveland Clinic / American Well joint venture is to be the world leader in digital care delivery. Together, the organization will transform how care is delivered through online technology, led by clinical innovation from providers at Cleveland Clinic. We’re a “go getter” culture that prides itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our core values are centered around: enhancing patient and provider trust, democratizing care, improving outcomes and economics for our customers, and fostering partnership and collaboration across the healthcare ecosystem.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, and equity program
- The Cleveland Clinic / American Well Joint Venture offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and 401k.