Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a critical part of our close-knit agile development team in Reston, Virginia, working on our AWS-based acute care platform. The Amwell acute care telehealth platform enables remote providers (doctors and nurses) to perform real-time visits with patients in geographically dispersed hospital systems and urgent care facilities around the world, and integrates seamlessly with our on-site telemedicine cart hardware (which is linux-based, and also designed here in Reston by our devices team).
Our scalable, microservice-based architecture employs Node, Express, and Postgres on the backend, AngularJS/Angular on the front-end, and is deployed by our in-house DevOps group using a Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline in AWS. All our Software Engineers work full-stack and across all layers and components of our platform, including front-end business logic, APIs, back-end middleware, data access, SQL query design/optimization, and microservice design / implementation.
In addition to the above, Senior engineers are expected to provide technical guidance to junior members of the team, weigh in on architectural / framework choices that affect the platform, think in a forward-looking way about challenges and how to innovatively solve them, and present technical perspectives / conclusions to upper management as needed.
- Work together as part of close-knit and multi-geography agile (Kanban/scrum) development team.
- Work under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of industry experience AngularJS
- 2+ years of industry experience with Angular / Typescript (desired)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
- Background with additional front-end development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Node.JS
- Experience designing RESTful backend microservices using Node.js / Express
- Experience with MySQL and Relational Database Design
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location in Reston, VA (20 miles outside Washington, D.C.) we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking downtown Reston/Herndon
- Complimentary snacks and drinks