Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
- Develop new software to bring the Internet of Things (IoT) to healthcare using NodeJS and AngularJS
- Create clean, modern, testable and well-documented code
- Collaborate with internal teams (Device Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management) to deliver products and features on-time and to specification
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support their hardware on the Amwell platform
- Evaluate processes, tools and approaches to potentially incorporate into how we develop products to ensure we are always learning and improving
- Work under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js
- 3+ years of experience in AngularJS
- Experience with Postgresql.
- You have experience developing and designing REST API's based web services.
- You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows.
- You have used multiple build and bundling technologies such as circleci, Webpack, rollup, gulp and grunt to ship production-ready software.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
Should you join Awell and the Devices team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Device Engineering group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our office in Reston, VA, our engineers specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth systems in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting