Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The HR Business Partner will play a critical role in supporting the people strategy, talent development, employee relations, management coaching and training of employees. The HRBP will work closely with all HR areas to deliver outstanding services to our employees and business leaders. The HRBP will be responsible for ensuring that through their HR support they support the company’s mission, goals, and remain compliant with all federal and state laws.
- Coaches and guides management on the consistent interpretation and application of human resources policies, procedures, and practices to ensure consistent application and compliance with federal and state law and regulations.
- Implements and leads HR practices including Performance Management, Goal Setting, Development and succession planning.
- Manages all elements of employment investigations; including but not limited to the preparation of all materials to be used during and after the investigation.
- Partners with HR Business Partners, Total Rewards, Legal department, and Management to ensure consistent application of procedures and practices related to progressive discipline and performance management activities, and interpretation employee relations.
- Educates and coaches management on HR best practices to support engagement, talent and retention of employees.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other departments, internal and external to Amwell.
- Manages and resolves grievance and appeals in accordance with Amwell policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations for changes to existing policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Participates in the development and delivery of training; Assists in communication of policies and procedures
- Stays current on employment law, as well as employment trends; Proactively researches information to ensure compliance, provide appropriate consultation, and avoid/eliminate exposure to the organization
- Performs miscellaneous tasks, strategic and tactical projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of HRBP or similar experience
- Experience with partnering and coaching business leaders through HR initiatives and business objectives
- Excellent knowledge of HR laws and HR compliance
- Previous employee relations and case management preferred.
- Strong detail orientation, verbal/written communication, project and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
Should you join Amwell and the Human Resources team, you can expect:
If you are looking to join a fun, energetic HR team where you can learn and grow, look no further! We are a small, yet efficient team all working together to make Amwell a great place to work! The team is aligned with leadership and focused on both the candidate and the employee experience. Our focus is building and executing culture, employee engagement, retention and continuous learning initiatives. We have a work hard/play hard environment and truly enjoy coming into work to not only hang out with each other but create new ideas to make Amwell great. Come join the fun!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.