Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
We’re looking for a Product Data Analyst to join our product management team to help deliver on our bold mission. If you want to change the way healthcare is delivered… if you’ve geeked out on the possibilities of telehealth or how the storm of new virtual care delivery models can transform the way patients receive care… if you’re looking for an opportunity to build world-class enterprise telehealth products… and if you think turning data into insights is the key to unlocking this potential... then this is the job for you!
Our current product team is awesome at:
- Product management. We’re not talking about “agile product owner” nonsense. We mean real product management work where shape and lay out the product strategy and roadmap to drive business results that matter.
- Being obsessively customer focused.
- Delivering an amazing user experience.
- Getting product to market. We mean really fast. Even for a company at our scale.
- Forget scrum, XP, Kanban, whatever. We have our own unique flavor of agile. And it totally works.
- Driving revenue and ROI. We’re not sales, marketing, account management, or customer success. But make no mistake: We Drive The Business.
What will you be doing? You’ll be responsible for turning data into information and information into insights that will help us make critical business decisions to drive our product strategy. You’ll be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the performance of our hospital telehealth product line, from usage and engagement to business performance and customer satisfaction, and then recommending improvements to our products to drive these key metrics. As the data expert on the Product Management team, you’ll also work closely with our product managers and business analytics, UI/UX design, software engineering, and client-facing teams on important data analytics projects to improve how we track and report on our product performance both internally and to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong, proactive individual with a bias for action and a passion for solving complex problems.
- We value individuals with a strong sense of ownership and a fit with our collaborative culture.
- Someone who has innate analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with great attention to detail and high accuracy
Is this job for you? It could be, if:
- You’re a “data person”. If you’re not sure what that means, this probably won’t be a good fit for you.
- You can be hands-on. All of us contribute as individuals. Yes, as Product Management, we craft the product strategy. We also roll up our sleeves and get in the trenches to get things done. If you’re looking to manage a team day 1, have a fancy title, or need a corner office, this won’t be the right fit for you.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment. If you’re not comfortable in an environment where change is constant, if you value fancy desks and a predictable work schedule, you won’t be happy here.
- You thrive on growth. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-growing market on major business challenges. You’ll have the support of passionate, experienced co-workers, but our biggest challenges lie ahead of us. You’ll play a key role in finding and delivering answers.
If you’re a decisive, self-directed problem solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and is up for the challenge of working with the best product team in the world, then we want to talk to you!
You will own data analysis and reporting for our hospital telehealth product portfolio. You will analyze and report on key metrics for our monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews. You will collaborate with product managers, customers and internal stakeholders, to identify and execute on improvements to our reporting.
- Analyze and report on product and feature usage and identify opportunities to drive user engagement and customer satisfaction
- Analyze and prepare reports on key business metrics of the product portfolio
- Collaborate with the VP of Product Management on quarterly and annual business reviews
- Analyze for data anomalies for early indication of bugs in reporting and performance
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Review data quality to identify opportunities for improvement in our data capture processes
- Develop, analyze and produce standardized statistical reports and ad hoc reports for internal stakeholders
- Be the expert and go-to person for your initiatives
- Provide data visualization and analysis support for the product management team
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, high energy individual with a strong sense of urgency, and a performance-based track record of accomplishments. A driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence.
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis and data engineering
- Proven ability to work closely with an engineering team to understand database schemas and architectures, and review and cleanse datasets
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Ability to write SQL queries, proficiency in relational databases and experience in ETL required
- Familiarity with Postgres DB a plus
- Ability to analyze complex data sets, including a thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including using functions/formulas to manipulate data, such as V-lookup, pivot tables, error-checking, and macros, and developing properly formatted reports
- Experience with web analytics tools like Matomo
- High level of familiarity and experience working with data analysis/visualization tools, especially Tableau and Looker
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets a plus
- Adept at report writing and presenting findings
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint to present findings
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks with varying degrees of priority in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Able to work autonomously with minimal daily supervision and demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail
- An almost annoying level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a company providing technology products or applications in the healthcare space a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics required
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages