Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
Reporting to the VP of Device Operations, the Senior Purchasing Specialist plays a critical role in the Hardware department. This person will be responsible for managing and strategically evolving our robust supplier network to ensure that during development of new products and the ongoing manufacture of current products we have the necessary suppliers and components. Especially in the case of new product development, this will often involve researching and setting up new supplier relationships. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the creation and execution of purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies. It is expected that this person can work independently to negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts, and long-term contracts with suppliers.
- Manage and evolve supplier network as needed.
- Research new suppliers as part of new product development efforts and supplier network improvement efforts.
- Purchase products, materials, and manage logistics.
- Maintain supplier development including on-going supplier feedback, supplier scorecard implementation, and supplier corrective action processes with supply base rationalization.
- Work closely with Device Engineering teams to identify new suppliers as needed and order necessary parts from existing and new suppliers including maintaining an order tracking tool with current order statuses.
- Arrange transportation for Inbound Material and Direct Shipments.
- Maintain control of material ordered, received, issued, and disposed of and/or recycled within ERP
- Responsible for keeping purchase order cost up to date on vendors and notifying.
- Prepare new product codes, item classes, and product lines in ERP.
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Relevant purchasing experience including MRP demand via computerized purchasing systems.
- Understand expediting orders, quotations, back orders, scope changes.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of metal and plastic part manufacturing processes.
- Entry-level ability to read technical diagrams and identify key manufacturing considerations.
- Knowledge of Work in Progress, physical inventory and on-hand inventory balances.
- Knowledge of materials, products and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Ability to read Bills of Materials and pull inventory components for production orders.
- Highly proficient / advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proactive with ability to succeed in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 -5 years of relevant work experience.
Should you join Amwell and the Hardware team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Hardware group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our office in Reston, VA, our engineers specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth products in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages