Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
- Develop test strategy and cases to manually test complex, large-scale, distributed systems
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to understand user needs and to develop and adhere to QA processes and guidelines
- Interact directly with customers including running user testing groups to ensure we deeply understand their needs and how they use the solutions and incorporate these findings into our processes and strategies
- Continuously improve our QA processes and approach including frequent reviews of new approaches and techniques
- Establish quality metrics and improve our continuous integration pipeline, testing patterns and techniques
- Grow technical knowledge with the goal of moving into QA Automation in the future.
- 1+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong knowledge of test methodologies and software release cycles
- 1+ years experience using and writing tools to test frontend and backend systems, experienced creating and maintaining test scripts
- QA expertise with SaaS web solutions, distributed services, mobile applications and/or products
- Proficient in creating and executing test plans based on the understanding of feature goals, software architecture and how our customers use the solutions
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Previous experience with automating testing tools, such as Selenium Webdriver and/or PhantomJS preferred
- Able to work independently and drive results in a fast-pace Agile environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Experience in healthcare preferred
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages