Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Client Account VP will play a critical role in the success of Amwell's relationship with one very large assigned client. The Client Account VP will be assigned to this client, managing and overseeing all facets of the client’s experience. Success will be measured by creating new value for the client using Amwell’s products and services through health plan cost of care savings, new revenue, or strategic differentiation in their markets. The Client Account VP success will be measured in new business opportunity development, revenue growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the overall deep engagement and financial performance of the client. While managing a high-performing strategic client, the on-going focus of the role will be to strengthen and broaden relationships within each of the P&L and functional areas including commercial, government business, digital strategy and provider strategies, product and clinical, at all levels, including senior and executive level leadership to maximize value.i
The role requires extensive knowledge of 1) task management around product and services deliverables, 2) execution beyond initial launch of new programs and innovations, 3) account planning and understanding of client’s objectives; 4) identification of new revenue opportunities, 5) product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, and 6) internally interfacing and coordinating with business leadership and project, marketing, clinical and product resources to support the client.
Working directly for the President and GM of the Clinical Programs division and executive sponsor of the strategic account, the Client Account VP will be tasked to seamlessly interface and gain the trust of the client at all levels, and lead the internal Amwell client account and internal functions team through implementations, launch, marketing, campaigns, re-selling to client’s employer accounts, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the Amwell executive sponsor and other Amwell leads to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction, retention, and revenue growth.
While tactically managing the needs of the client on a day to day basis, the Client Account VP will strategize with client account leadership and project/program leads. This will require an understanding of the client’s expectations, objectives, initiatives, and opportunities for growth. Additional responsibilities include:
- Up-sell and grow the account as well as accurately forecast respective opportunities in Sales Force.com based upon realistic assessments.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve desired annual revenue and growth targets.
- Support and have an understanding of the client’s member populations, including Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare recipients.
- Nurture the strategic client to ensure success, satisfaction, and retention.
- Lead presentations and site visits
- Understand Amwell’s key differentiators, product strategy, product features and functionality, and their applicability to the client’s implementation.
- Oversee the senior director and sales/account team to work with client employer teams to effectively sell, deploy and implement telehealth at individual employer accounts, including delivering product demonstrations, presentations, review of best practices, and sharing client success stories.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell.
- Stay current on changing and evolving telehealth landscape, regulations, and related health plan/payer trends.
- 8-10 years of minimum experience and background working specially with health plan organizations.
- Proven track record successfully selling enterprise technology solutions to health plan executives.
- Deep knowledge of the payer/health plan space, including reimbursement, health care services delivery, employer and population health and wellness programs, employee benefits.
- Excellent written and presentation skills, including responding to RFIs and RFPs.
- Skilled relationship developer.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Background in product, marketing, and/or professional services beneficial.
- Must be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment.
- BS Degree required. MBA preferred
- Previous consulting experience is considered valuable
- Experience selling products and/or services to health plan executives
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you can expect:
The Clinical Services team is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing the AmWell system, as well as client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group offers care in all 50 states and provides Urgent Care, Behavioral Health, Nutrition and Lactation services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through an innovative Telemedicine Platform. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. We use the most advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
In addition to New Clinical Programs, the Clinical Services team is comprised of 4 key areas: Provider Onboarding, Provider Operations, Network Operations, and Clinical Quality. We all work together to develop innovative new clinical programs, help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their technology needs, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.