Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Client Account Director, Strategic Clinical Accounts will play a critical role in the success of Amwell's relationship with assigned client accounts. These accounts are leaders in clinical innovation and/or health related technology or services. Success will be measured by our ability to optimize the synergy between the client and Amwell’s strategy to drive business success for both parties. Additional measures of success include client growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the financial performance of the overall contract. The primary focus of the role will be to develop relationships with assigned Strategic Clinical Account leaders and decision makers within existing clients to successfully expand the utilization of Amwell's products and services.
The role requires extensive task management around deliverables, execution of deployment/new launches, account planning, product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, internally interfacing and coordinating with project, marketing, clinical, and product resources to support the client. In addition, the Account Director Strategic Clinical Accounts will be responsible for consultative selling and understanding new services requirements and needs.
The Client Account Director, Strategic Clinical Accounts will be assigned specific accounts, seamlessly interface and gain the trust of the account at all levels, and lead the internal Amwell team through implementations, launch, marketing, campaigns, re-selling to other clients in the Amwell ecosystem, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the Amwell executive sponsor and other Amwell leads to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction and revenue preservation and growth. This will be accomplished by expanding awareness, adoption, and utilization of the company’s existing products and services within assigned Strategic Clinical Account client organizations and by identifying new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Strategize with client account leaders weekly on all opportunities to ensure solutions are being effectively executed and brought to market; accurately forecast respective opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Collaborate with the internal and external assigned client teams to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual revenue targets
- Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success
- Understand the client’s business objectives and vision; sharing those objectives with the Amwell team
- Deep understanding of Amwell’s product and specifically how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client
- Provide input and suggestions to product development teams based on client feedback
- Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visit/presentations
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell
- Develop specific plans on how to develop new relationships
- Demonstrate service excellence
- A background in working for or with health system leaders, health plan leaders or other strategic healthcare industry leaders including regulatory and reimbursement knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer
- Possess strong planning and organization skills
- Background in account management, product and/or professional services
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BS Degree required. MBA preferred, 5-10 years’ prior experience working with or for health systems. The ideal candidate will have sold technology products or related services to health system executives
- A solid background in healthcare is a must
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you can expect:
The Clinical Services team is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing our Amwell system, as well as client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group offers care in all 50 states and provides Urgent Care, Behavioral Health, Nutrition and Lactation services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through an innovative Telemedicine Platform. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. We use the most advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
In addition to New Clinical Programs, the Clinical Services team is comprised of 4 key areas: Provider Onboarding, Provider Operations, Network Operations, and Clinical Quality. We all work together to develop innovative new clinical programs, help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their technology needs, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.