Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
- Application Support Manager is responsible for managing a team of application support and operations engineers and owning administration of production and pre-production application systems.
- Manage application systems supporting a 24/7 SaaS business critical environment
- Assume ownership of application related issues; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis with both internal departments and vendors
- Work with other departments on new application related architecture and/or updates to existing architecture
- Plan and install upgrades, patches and configuration changes
- Lead the team in solutioning, planning, documenting and executing Disaster Recovery solutions and scheduled testing
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new systems and processes/procedures
- Identify and address increases in system resource requirements
- Ensure strict compliance with regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
- Participate in 24/7 call rotation
- Experienced in management of enterprise application systems. This includes daily operations, management, project planning, understanding application lifecycles, production support requirements, and data security policies
- Management of change control and related processes
- Fundamental understanding of dev ops concepts
- Experience in managing SaaS systems
- AWS exposure and experience is desired and a big plus
- Familiarity with docker architecture
- Fundamental understanding of cloud computing
- Comfortable working with Red Hat Linux
- Familiar with writing and debugging SQL queries and PL/SQL packages
- Competent in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Candidate needs to be able to interact with and help users with varying degrees of technical aptitude. Effective communication skills are required
- Ability to work on several projects and tasks concurrently - time slicing and prioritizing as required
- Ability to work in a secure environment and to treat data security as a high priority. Experience with database security settings to maintain a highly secure database environment is required
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock. If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.