Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The National Sales Director will play a critical role in the Strategic Partnership organization. The Strategic Partnership organization focuses on Amwell’s most strategic client partners. The National Sales Director will be assigned specific key clients, identify and close new logo opportunities, and be responsible for all facets of the sales cycle, including delivering on quarterly revenue targets.
The position requires a high-energy, healthcare savvy sales executive with a deep understanding for the health plan and provider space including: selling to hospital/health system executives, selling to health plan executives, working alongside clinical staff to best position and incorporate telehealth across an enterprise, and understanding the unique relationship between payer and provider.
The highly consultative position requires a polished individual who can articulate vision, convincingly present telehealth value, and has healthcare industry depth and breadth. They will be an expert in navigating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders. Experience with and an understanding of clinical workflows, care delivery models, provider access and network relations, member and provider engagement, Medicare and Medicaid populations, and taking enterprise solutions to market are essential.
- Deep experience with forecasting/pipeline management (process and methodology to accurately forecast), preferably with SalesForce.com
- Excellent communicator — with strong interpersonal, C-Suite presentations, written and communication skills, to both clinical and business stakeholders
- Ability to develop and manage multi-million-dollar sales opportunities
- Ability to communicate business & outcome value of technology solutions
- Ability to develop new territories, identify new opportunities, and develop sales strategy plans
- Experience fostering new external relationships often at the C-level
- Experience developing internal stakeholders and business partners along with overlay selling and coordination with SMEs
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent; advance degree a bonus
- Specific understanding of the payer and provider market and related healthcare landscape
- 10+ years’ experience selling enterprise technology solutions to healthcare organizations
- Specific experience with telemedicine and telehealth products a bonus
- Documented track record of selling large, enterprise-wide, complex technology deals
- Documented record of meeting and exceeding multi-million dollar annual quota
- Approximately 35% overnight travel required
- Position is based in Minneapolis
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, commission structure and equity program.
Should you join Amwell and the Sales team, you can expect:
Joining a focused and highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels Amwell’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at Awell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston. We have several regional offices located in Richmond, Seattle, Los Angeles, Tel Aviv, and our newest satellite office, in Minneapolis.
In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free, on-site gym access (Minneapolis)