Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Manager, Behavioral Healthcare Operations is a member of the leadership team of the Aligned division. This person is partially responsible for the “supply-side” of the provider group and optimizes business operations. They must have experience at least 2 years’ experience in behavioral healthcare operations, with experience in supporting the day-to-day operations of behavioral healthcare in different settings: outpatient, hospital-based, emergency room, and telemedicine. This individual has a passion for applying technology and utilizing data to make processes more efficient and effective. The role offers an exciting opportunity to enter a successful business and assist in streamlining operations in the emerging telehealth market.
- Work with SVP, Operations to ensure all aspects of behavioral healthcare services agreements are delivered to the satisfaction of senior executives at the client program and Aligned as outlined in the contract.
- Manage day-to-day operations in behavioral health units on an as needed basis.
- Operating efficiently in accordance with projected budgetary constraints to deliver services within projected operational targets.
- Maintaining a general working knowledge of state, regional, federal, carrier-specific and other regulatory standards for physician practice in hospital or ambulatory facilities.
- Possess a general understanding of behavioral health physician and APP practice standards, billing, claiming and coding processes to allow oversight of general operations.
- Along with SVP, Operations, develop and maintain professional relationships and networks to create opportunities to develop new business opportunities or expand existing agreements.
- Ensuring client satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee provider scheduling and ensuring appropriate gap and back-up coverage of providers.
- Educating contract partners about the utility of telehealth services to maintain or increase the available contract value.
- Interact regularly with Aligned leadership to maintain awareness of current company objectives and challenges.
- Communicate regularly and clearly to members of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, administrative, executive, technical and support personnel.
- Managing provider personnel performance to ensure delivery of high quality services.
- Coordinating with executive team colleagues.
- Preparing periodic reports as required by operations or finance leadership.
- Complying with company policies, ethics and values.
- Required: 2 years minimum Behavioral Healthcare Operations experience.
- Capability to run an inpatient behavioral healthcare unit at a hospital or facility.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Experience with statistics and quality data measurements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Management preferred.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40% of the time.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans