Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Support Engineer will provide technical assistance, guidance, and training to end users and administrators of the company’s hardware and web-based video conferencing solutions. This position will play a vital role in ensuring the best customer experience possible by supporting the hardware, infrastructure, and enterprise software platform that is bringing a revolutionary end-to-end telemedicine solution to the medical industry. You will be joining a best in class support team with a proven track record of delivering Awesome month over month (100% customer satisfaction and service level compliance).
- Provide exceptional client support (on-site in person, email, phone, video) to medical users and executives
- Manage client relationships and be their go-to designated liaison and trusted advisor
- Document bugs, issues, and feature requests using our internal tools and processes
- Develop and maintain training materials used by hardware installation technicians
- Develop and maintain knowledge base materials used by our contact center and users
- Deliver on quarterly projects focused on improving customer and team experience
- Provide after-hours support (“on call”) as part of the team’s monthly rotating schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of experience in client facing customer service, client services, or technical support position.
- Experience troubleshooting network infrastructure and videoconferencing hardware
- Technically adept and able to diagnose SaaS mobile and web platform issues
- Comfortable supporting mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Passionate team player with a proven record of collaboration and ownership
- Customer advocate extraordinaire, critical thinker, and creative problem solver
- Exceptional, professional, and concise written and verbal communication
- Effective in using MS Office Suite products (outlook, word, powerpoint, excel, etc)
- Must be local to the Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana region
- Willing and able to travel regionally and nationally approximately 75%
- Reliable transportation (travel cost/mileage reimbursement provided)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience working in a SaaS company and supporting users
- Enterprise wireless infrastructure knowledge and troubleshooting
- Familiar with general health care terminology and health systems
- Familiarity with collaboration video tools such as Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, and Jabber, etc.
- Ticket tracking software experience (Salesforce, Jira, etc)
- The position is located in your HIPAA compliant home office and includes onsite visits to multiple customer locations: including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, business offices.
- Ability to communicate with other individuals in person, via phone, video and through email.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and the job requires the incumbent to use reasoning and judgment to address and solve business problems.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity in order to use common office equipment.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting