Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As a Senior Deal Desk Analyst you are responsible for supporting our global Quote to Order Process. You sit at the intersection of Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, acting as a strategic advisor, managing deal flow and driving sustainable growth while minimizing sales cycle times. You are a sound business thinker with excellent communication and collaboration skills and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As a Sr Deal Desk Analyst, you will:
- Advise on pre-Sales internal support and contract negotiations, including but not limited to: strategic Enterprise deal structures, order processing, and compensation implications
- Structure, Review, and Approve Deals within SLAs
- Structure solutions regarding pricing, value propositions and deal terms on larger, more complex deals.
- Approve all non-standard pricing requests. Ensure all required approvals are obtained and documented. Ensure that all transactions follow internal revenue recognition guidelines and operational guidelines.
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identify potential risks across opportunities.
- Partner with Revenue Accounting team to review or address revenue recognition concerns for non-standard deal structures
- Partner with the Legal Team to document non-standard terms or commitments, and mitigate legal risk.
- Identify process improvements and formulate creative solutions when needed
- Drive best practices and provide cross-training to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Ability to work with executives and provide trusted guidance and recommendations
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- You enjoy working on complex requests in a fast paced environment
- You enjoy working with a Global Sales Team
- 5+ years of experience in deal desk/sales operations, or deal strategy
- Previous software industry experience
- You enjoy working in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal and drive consensus to meet goals.
- You love finding and fixing gaps in the business
- You are detail oriented and can anticipate issues before they become problems
- You have a working understanding of ASC 606 and legal contract review
- You are a clear and thoughtful communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint
- You have expertise with Salesforce.com. Experience with Salesforce CPQ a plus!
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado: Colorado range: $116,000 - $174,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals will work for Amplitude in New York City: New York City salary range: $129,000 - $193,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude California: California salary range: $129,000 - $193,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state: Washington salary range: $116,000 - $174,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.