Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is looking for a visionary growth product leader who can help drive monetization from free to paid leveraging product as the key lever.
As a Senior Monetization PM, you will collaborate with a rapidly growing team to drive self-serve revenue and product-led sales pipeline creation. You will own monetization strategy for how we monetize and grow our customers.
*This is a hybrid role and requires 2 days/week in our San Francisco office.
What does this team do?
The Growth team is dedicated to driving product-led growth strategy at Amplitude. We use qualitative and quantitative insights to deliver outcomes across acquisition, activation, engagement, and monetization goals. Our passion is to connect user problems to solutions that translate into business deliverables.
What will you do?
You will be building self-serve monetization user experience to help our product sell itself and achieve hyper-growth goals.
In this role you will:
- Own self-serve monetization KPI’s: free to paid conversion, renewal, and expansion
- Be accountable to driving our self-serve revenue
- Drive product-led sales pipeline: defining PQA, PQL, and work with growth marketing on hand off process to sales
- Own monetization product experience: in-app monetization awareness (feature walls, usage triggers, and contextual upsells) as well as pricing and checkout user flows.
- Be accountable to driving our self-serve revenue
- Be a partner with engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to build best monetization experience for our customers
- Participate in research and testing (we spend lots of time talking directly to our customers!) to understand customer pain and identify opportunities for improvement
- Use product analytics to understand how our customers use our platform, and help guide decisions on future improvements and optimizations we can make
We think you’d be a great fit if you:
Embrace the customer as part of the team. We believe you don’t build what the customer wants, but what the customer wants to become. To create that future, you first have to be an expert in the problem. You interact with customers directly - proxies don’t work - so you always gather first-hand feedback. If you don’t define the problem correctly, everything else is useless.
Empower everyone to be a leader. We believe teams closest to the problem are best suited to make the hard decisions quickly. We don’t institute stage gates for a reason - you are given autonomy to ensure we are always progressing forward. However, no individual alone is responsible for making every decision. To be a leader means regularly seeking out the opinions of others and giving everyone a stake in the outcome.
Inspire through storytelling. We believe it is our responsibility to motivate through memorable stories that build a deep understanding of our users' experience. You should tell stories to communicate strategy and inspire the outcomes we want to create for our customers. Building a product is about envisioning some future state, and stories can help people relate to where we are and where we are going.
Learn through frequent iteration. We believe that rapid iteration is the #1 indicator of success. You strive for a 10x vision, but you get there through 0.1 iterations. To continuously learn, you have to co-develop with customers. It may be faster to build behind closed doors, but by testing “skateboards” you can learn if you’re on the right path and gain the confidence needed to build a world-class experience.
- A/B testing is your middle name
- Experience analyzing user behavior and measuring impact of experiments on business outcomes; strong analytics skills
- You have experience on a growth or product development team shipping innovative features and services with quantifiable impact
- Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth mindset, humility, and the burning desire to own your domain and your work
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems and processes through analysis and metrics