Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Join us and help to build our next phase of growth across the APAC region. We are looking to hire a commercially minded and impactful, yet humble and people driven, Vice President to run the entire APAC region for Amplitude.
As the Vice President, you will set the strategic vision for the region, instil sales excellence across the teams and take a hands-on approach in building and scaling your teams.
Reporting to the CRO you will help Amplitude build on success to-date and drive further successes across the APAC region, as we continue to rapidly scale our field teams over the remainder of 2022 and beyond. The ideal candidate will already be a successful sales leader, with a passion for getting things done, who thrives in a very fast-paced environment, and who will relish scaling our business across multiple geographies. You will also embrace, embody and lead with our core values ever present: Humility, Ownership and Growth Mindset.
As a VP of Sales, you will:
- Be the in region expert for APAC and develop a regional GTM strategy to reach sales goals set by senior leadership.
- Drive the strategy for hiring across the region - including additional growth markets.
- Build and develop a strong and diverse team of sellers.
- In addition to being responsible for the regional GTM strategy, also clearly defining and implementing it in the region - including considerations around new entities.
- Understand the core metrics of segmented (SMB, Commercial & Enterprise) business, and use them to forecast the performance of several regions.
- Be the executive sponsor on key deals via onsite (when viable) and remote engagement with customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure field marketing, product marketing, demand generation, partnership engagement and sales engineering are allocated appropriately for success.
- Plan and communicate the path for growth per your region both in a formal annual planning capacity, and on an on-going basis.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you are:
- You have over 8+ years of leading multiple geo based segmented SaaS sales teams - ideally in the Big Data, Analytics, Mobile or MarTech space.
- You have experience opening, and understand the process and requirements, of building new regional entities as we continue to scale our business.
- You have experience growing a region, including collaborating cross functionally to establish brand new entities.
- You’re data driven and use metrics to understand how to coach and manage the qualitative elements of the business.
- You love hiring and recruiting the best possible talent and you’re also passionate about building a strong, diverse world-class Enterprise sales team.
- You have a playbook for executing complex Enterprise deals and you know when to leverage it and when to leave it behind.
- You’re passionate about getting hands-on with your sales leaders and team, to drive their success - you believe in and create a “servant leadership” style culture.
- You have a track record of leading outbound sales motions and are a process orientated leader, able to fully implement and manage their business via chosen sales methodology (with preference for MEDDIC).
- You enjoy helping scale a high-performance Enterprise led business and identify and tackle the things we need to do in order to substantially grow the region's revenue year over year throughout APAC.
- You are fluent in English, with additional regional languages being a bonus.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health related benefits, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.