Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
About The Role & Team
Data Connections group’s mission is to ensure the right data reaches the right people at the right time. We are responsible for building scalable realtime pipelines, developing and cultivating the partner ecosystem around Amplitude, so customers can create a unified picture about users, drive business impact by making the data available at the right places. We are looking for a manager who can develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the product. You will manage a team of full-stack engineers focused on building the product workflows to create first-class experience to customers and on building frameworks to enable Amplitude to scale the partner ecosystem with minimum overhead. You’ll lead the team and be hands-on in finding solutions to difficult and complex problems as we grow.
As a Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead the fullstack engineering team, taking ideas from concept to implementation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, customer support, and sales to build a cohesive strategy for our product.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on technical implementation, engineering best practices, and career development.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Believe that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge your team to grow and excel.
- Believe it’s important for engineering managers to stay close to technical problems and continue to contribute independently, as time allows.
- Have worked in an engineering management or technical leadership role before.
- Have experience hiring, mentoring, coaching, and retaining engineers at all levels.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems together.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact the broader engineering team.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.