Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We are looking for a Product FP&A Manager that will play a vital role in supporting the SVP of Product and the entire product management team. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth understanding of key financial and operational drivers across an enterprise R&D organization. The position will report to the VP of FP&A.
As the Product FP&A Manager, you will:
- Be the financial partner to our Product organization in helping manage their overall budgeting and planning for monthly, quarterly and long-term forecasts
- Help break down financial results into meaningful insights as well as identify and monitor key business model drivers on a go forward basis
- Interact with key leaders across R&D, finance, sales, and marketing in supporting the success of the Product organization
- Drive automation and improve existing financial reporting
- Bring best practices to develop, implement, and manage policies and processes that scale our financial and business partnering operations
- Develop a deep understanding of the product roadmap and how it impacts the finances of the business
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other relevant field
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision
- Rigorous and detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness
- Strong analytical background with the ability to creatively solve problems with a data-driven approach
To stand out:
- Intellectually curious and interested in understanding beyond the “what” and rather the “why” when conducting analyses
- Enterprise SaaS experience
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner at all levels.
- Prior experience at the intersection of finance and R&D
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Not only are tech leaders like PayPal, Shopify and Square using Amplitude, but so are some of the biggest, most enduring companies in the world like Walmart and NBC Universal.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.