About The Role & Team
If you want to be in the epicenter of growth marketing, what better place than the leader in product intelligence? Amplitude’s growth marketing is unique in this position vs. other companies in that you’ll have access to the product engineering team who works closely with marketing to test and optimize full lifecycle customer retention, acquisition, and engagement strategies. In other words, true growth methodology. You will also be joining a newly forming team in a fast-growing company with a great culture in what could be a career-making role.
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
As a Web Developer you will:
- Build and maintain modern, responsive, and high quality web pages and applications.
- Develop new features and integrations using the WordPress CMS, following industry standards and best practices.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues and bugs.
- Develop and validate testing solutions, addressing multiple browsers and platforms to ensure all users can access our content.
- Actively and constructively participate in peer code review and testing practices.
- Communicate with our third-party plugin vendors to resolve bugs.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 3+ years of professional front end development experience.
- Proven experience using and extending the WordPress CMS.
- Strong functional understanding of responsive web design and user experience best practices.
- Experience navigating and working around cross-browser and device compatibility issues.
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.) and test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Cypress, Selenium, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and principles.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation of web analytics tooling (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies, adapting to the current trends in modern web development.
- Keen attention to detail.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.