About The Role & Team
If you want to be in the epicenter of growth marketing, what better place than the leader in product intelligence? Amplitude’s growth marketing is unique in this position vs. other companies in that you’ll have access to the product engineering team who works closely with marketing to test and optimize full lifecycle customer retention, acquisition, and engagement strategies. In other words, true growth methodology. You will also be joining a newly forming team in a fast-growing company with a great culture in what could be a career-making role.
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
As Director, Web Strategy you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to build and own the marketing website strategy.
- Treat the website as its own “theater” and innovate ways to make the site contribute an increasing portion of our pipeline.
- Work with the digital marketing team to create best-in-class prospect experiences across our homepage, product pages, resources, and landing pages.
- Develop personalization and testing strategies to drive improved conversion
- Execute impactful and creative ideas that engage audiences, drive demand and establish amplitude.com as THE destination for growth on the web
- Create user stories, storyboards, prototypes and wireframes
- Implement programs to grow quality web traffic that results in high conversion to lead
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 8+ years or more of experience in web strategy
- 3+ years of experience leading a web organization
- Great understanding of web UX and lead conversion best practices
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS
- Ability to communicate effectively with specs and wireframes
- Familiarity with Marketo, Hushly, and other core martech solutions
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.