About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Do you want to join a dynamic and creative team? Do you love to help people to learn new tools and systems? Are you experienced in onboarding and coaching new trainers and developing their skills? Amplitude’s Education is looking for a Manager for our growing Training team who can act as player/coach/ leader. You will instruct our customers on the critical stuff and enable them to get the most out of Amplitude; and who can slowly grow a global team of trainers. You’ll be part of and can help shape a small yet energetic team that will play a key role in Amplitude’s growth and our customers’ long-term success. Learn more below!
As a Manager of Training on our team, you will:
- Deliver high-quality learning experiences for a range of audiences, from standard online small group training, to personalized training for Enterprise customers
- Gain a proven understanding of all Amplitude products and you’ll be capable of answering a range questions from customers during their training
- Work closely with customers to understand and tailor training content to meet their needs during live engagements
- Hire and nurture a team of trainers
- Develop team best practices and templates to ensure quality and consistency in our approach to training across your team and in collaboration with global partnersinter
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, including and especially strong presentation and facilitation skills. You have the ability to communicate sophisticated business software processes effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You’re dynamic and enthusiastic, and connect well with others
- Ability to teach yourself new products. You’re also analytical and can assess what is essential to know and what’s not.
- Ability to lead and define the output of a new team, iterate on your team’s practices, and lead by example
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently. You’re organized, methodical, and detail-oriented
- Experience delivering technical training is important
- Experience learning/teaching/leveraging product analytics is a plus
- 2+ years as a manager of training or enablement
- Ability to travel 15-20% max (eventually)
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.