About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager who is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a critical position leading a team of highly qualified revenue seniors and reporting to the Head of Revenue, SEC reporting and Technical Accounting.
As the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will:
- Lead the revenue close activities, including the evaluation and approval of non-standard contracts for revenue implications
- Build scalable revenue operations and improve our day-to-day processes and systems, including Salesforce and Netsuite
- Interface with deal desk, legal, finance, account executives, and customer success when needed
- Oversee reconciliation revenue, billings, deferred revenue and RPO
- Participate in the financial statement close process by reviewing revenue related journal entries
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly reporting files for the purposes of public company financial reporting
- Define, document, and communicate revenue recognition policies and procedures
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Technical revenue recognition experience - particularly 606 SaaS revenue recognition
- Operational experience with the order to cash process, preferably at a SaaS company
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, and communication skills
- High levels of responsiveness and organizational skills
- Built and managed a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a Digital Optimization System– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.