Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
At Amplitude, the Staff Forward Deployed Software Engineer is a hands-on technical role that will give you the opportunity to interact with some of the best minds and technology stacks powering the data engineering and digital businesses. You will be closely working with developers in the customer’s data engineering and product teams as they implement Amplitude and work with various APIs of Amplitude. You will become an expert in all things Amplitude, from our mobile SDKs, to our partner integrations. As a Forward Deployed Software Engineer you will be working closely with Customer Success, Support and Engineering to help customers and partners adopt the Amplitude Platform successfully. Amplitude will succeed only when our customers succeed. Your work will have an enormous impact on Amplitude growth and the success of our largest clients.
As a Staff Forward Deployed Software Engineer, you will:
- Become the Amplitude expert. Understand how Amplitude internal system works and work with customers to understand their use cases and their challenges.
- Be a cloud expert and advise customers to build their data pipelines
- Be a CDP expert and advise customers on how to connect their tools
- Work closely with engineering to debug and fix customer issues.
- Develop improvements and integrations in the product to make the customer successful
- Develop any infrastructure needed in the customer's data stack to adopt Amplitude.
- Mentor and lead other Forward Deployed Software Engineers
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to bring in the learnings and influence product roadmap
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- B.S in Computer Science or another technical field
- 5+ years of experience working as a Forward Deployed Software Engineer or similar role
- Experience with
- Analytical databases: Snowflake, Hadoop (Hive, Presto, or Spark), Redshift, BigQuery
- Workflow management tools: Airflow, dbt
- Cloud computing concepts (k8s, docker, AWS/Google cloud)
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Enjoy working with customers and partners in solving problems and providing value
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
SF version; adjust for office location We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.